Born May 27, 1917, in Hamburg, Germany. Came to United States in 1938; resided in New York City from 1938 to 2006; son of Julius (a manufacturer) and Martha (Ludwig) ; married Chariklia (Koutsie) , April 25, 1949; children: Andy.
Held various positions in book and magazine retailing, including:
- Managing Editor of foreign language division, Overseas News Agency; U.S. Information Agency, New York City
- Information Officer on Far Eastern desks, 1950-52; Hill & Knowlton, Inc. (public relations), New York City,
- Account Executive, 1952-53; Parapsychology Foundation, Inc., New York City, administrative secretary and editor, 1953-65
- Lombard Associates, Inc. (public relations and publications consultants), New York City, president, 1962-82
- Consulting Editor, New American Library (publishers), 1966-83; executive editor of hardcover book division, Playboy Press, 1971-72.
- Lecturer in Division of Social Sciences, New School for Social Research, 1949-50, 1955-56, 1967.
- Consultant, Foundation for Research on the Nature of Man, 1966-67.
Martin Ebon passed away on February 11, 2006. Martin & Koutsie Ebon have their final resting place at the monastery of the Monks of New Skete in Cambridge, New York.
Those wishing to honor his life may give, in his name, to the Monks of New Skete.